ACCESS Virtual Learning (Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators, and Students Statewide) is an education initiative of the Alabama Department of Education. It provides opportunities and options for Alabama public high school students to engage in Advanced Placement (AP), elective, and other courses to which they may not otherwise have access or be able to schedule.
What is ACCESS?
Once your child in registered in an Access Course:
- Where do you find your child's lessons?
- How do they contact their instructor and get important updates?
- How do they find their assignments?
This video will help you navigate the Desire 2 Learn (D2L) learning management program.
Course Home Review
Once you have logged into D2L
- You will be taken to the course Home Page.
- Across the top, you can see the Course Title and teacher's name.
- The mini bar displays:
- Content (lessons and resources),
- Assessment (discussion, DropBox, Quizzes and Tests),
- Communication (another link to e-mail),
- Users (Classlist and snapshot of your progress),
- Grades (Shows grades on assignments and current course grade)
- There is a link to Student Orientation
- The Pacing Guide shows the schedule for the course and what you need to complete each week to stay on course.
- Course News provides important information from the teacher.
How to read and reply to e-mail within the D2L course page.